I loved seeing Trevi Fountain in Rome. It was really beautiful!
My first Italian gelato. It actually wasn't a very good gelato, but I have eaten delicious gelato almost everday since then.
The Pantheon
On of the paintings that I studied in my art history class. Its in the vatican. I can't believe I saw it in real life!!! I didn't/wasn't allowed to take a picture of Michelangelo's, The last Judegement, so I'm really glad I got a picture of this to remember the art expeience that I had there. I could never explain in plain English what it was like to be surrounded by such prestigious works of art.
I still can't believe I stood in Vatican City!
The Colloseo. Its amazing that this building still stands.
The first weekend after getting to Siena I took a weekend trip to Venice and Florence. Here is venice from a Duomo (I'm not sure of the English comparison to this word, but it is a large church) at the top of the bell tower.
Our Gondola driver. He was pretty cool. He gave us a good discount, and pointed out some cool things. I went on a Gondola right in Venice. For real. HA!
The replica of Michelangelo's David. I saw the real one. Another surreal experience. I actually have a picture of the real one, but I feel like all of this work is unworthy of the pictures that I am capable of taking. Its just the type of thing you have to see in real life.
Life in Siena is wonderful. Every day here is a great day. I'm loving school so much! I think I'm going to know LIS (Italian Sign Language) and Italian more than I thought I would before I got here. I already know so much. I've found that's its a lot easier to learn a signed language after you already know one. I just hope that I can retain all the information. I think I'll do some video journals on my laptop in LIS while its fresh in my memory so that I can look back at them after I leave here to remember everything.
I miss Bevan a lot!! But I do think that it's easier for me here because I am so occupied all the time, and Bevan is still living our normal life without me there. I go to class usually from 9am to 5 or 7pm, and its always a full day.
I have more picture, but I thought I'd just put a few of my favorite moments here for now. Thanks for reading my blog. I hope all is well over there!
Much love!
Great to see/read what you're doing. It looks amazing and it seems like you're having an excellent time!
ReplyDeleteWowzers! Fantastico!!
ReplyDelete